You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers!

What is a FAM Trip?

Familiarization Trips, better known as Fam Trips, are educational trips organized exclusively for media partners or travel agents and resellers, by travel businesses such as tour operators and accommodation establishments.

What is the difference between a Travel Agent and a Travel Advisor?

Travel advisors are the evolved version of the travel agent. With the rise of the internet, consumers have almost too much information on the internet. … A travel advisor is well-traveled and has key contacts and resources in the industry to make the perfect recommendation for their clients.

How long does it take to get started without any travel experience?

About 3 to 4 weeks to complete the initial training.

Do you have to wait for your client to travel before you get the commissions?

Yes, we do not receive the commission from the supplier until after the client’s return from their vacation.

What if I am not that traveled? Can I still be a successful Travel Advisor?

Yes you can! All you need is a desire to travel and love for researching fun and exciting destinations

What are PERKS?

Perks are the special benefits that Travel Advisors get when they travel themselves. It can be anything from a special gift, upgrade, discount and so much more. Plus, we make it easy, we have a one stop PERKS page at your fingertips once you join.

What is a host agency?

Host agencies are networks that help support the needs of Independent Travel Agents by offering a variety of resources, such as marketing and technology, professional development programs, ongoing support, and more.

What is an IATA card?

IATA accreditation is a seal of approval recognized worldwide. The IATA/IATAN ID Card is the ONLY globally recognized industry credential for travel professionals.

Do I have to pay an additional Registration Fee when I achieve the next level of membership or just the additional subscription?

You will only need to pay the additional subscription fee.

What can I expect in extra cost for starting my own travel business in addition to the registration fee and monthly subscription?

There is minimal extra cost to start your own business. Your city and state will         have costs to obtain your business license and to register your dba or LLC. You will also need to get your own domain name. Godaddy is one of many sources to use.

What is CLIA Certification?

Cruise Line International Association Training (CLIA)

CLIA’s training and certification programs are designed to make you the consumer’s most knowledgeable cruise resource and increase your cruise sales and commissions.

Do I have to have relationships with travel suppliers or vendors to start my own travel business?

No you do not. We have long standing relationships with the suppliers and their  business sales managers.